Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Frame by frame - Jack in a box


To create this animation I used Adobe Animate. I used the onion skin function to make it easier to keep the positioning, size and shape of the drawings more consistent.
 I tried to use elements of timing when it came to the opening of the lid. However the animation of the crank could have been smoother when it started slowing down. I could do this by adding more frames between the existing ones rather than just keeping some frames still for longer.
 Overall, it wasn't a bad start but I feel like if I had added more animation on the jack in the box (i.e. making it bounce after it had emerged from the box) it could have turned out much better. The actual art could have been improved had I used a mouse or drawing tablet rather than a trackpad.

No comments:

Post a Comment